Terms & Conditions
By using the website you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. You must be at least 18 years of age, and a resident of (and situated in) the UK, to use our website. By using our website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age and are a resident of, and situated in, the UK.
(a) In these terms and conditions: "we", "us" and "our" refer to MoneyLabs Ltd. trading as The Pension Lab.
(b) Money Labs Ltd is authorised and regulated by the FCA (ref: 812251). The Pension Lab website provides regulated advice but it is not personal to your circumstances nor has any suitability been taken into account. You should not use the website as your only source of retirement planning and should speak to an independent financial adviser if you are unsure about how best to save for later life and your personal circumstances.
(c) We reserve the right to change, modify, replace or remove any information or service provided by the website without notice as we see fit.
(d) The service is free to the end user, with charges levied on the employer.
2. Financial information disclaimer
(a) While we aim to keep the information on the website accurate, complete, and up-to-date, we cannot guarantee, and will not be responsible for any damage or loss related to, the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information.
(b) We would like to draw your attention to the following investment warnings: the value of investments and the income derived from them can go down as well as up; investors may not get back the amount they invested; and past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
3. Our content
(a) The content, design, software, databases, text, graphics and all other material on the website is owned by us or our licensors and protected by copyright.
(b) You may use the website for your own individual, non-commercial use. You are permitted to download and print a single copy of each page of the website for your personal use only. Aside from this none of the content, design, software, text, graphics or other material used on the website may be reproduced, modified or redistributed without our prior and explicit written permission. You must not use this website for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
(c) We do not make any recommendation or endorsement as to any experts, investments or to any content submitted by third parties or linked to our website.
5. Limitations and exclusions of liability
(a) Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (i) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (ii) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (iii) limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (iv) exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
(b) The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section and elsewhere in these terms and conditions: (i) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (ii) govern all liabilities arising under the terms and conditions or in relation to the subject matter of the terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
(c) We will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature arising out of or in connection with the website or your use of the website.
(d) We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
(e) We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
(f) We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
(g) We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
(h) You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees. Having regard to that interest, you accept that we are a limited liability entity and agree that you will not bring any claim personally against individual officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions. This will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the company itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees.
(i) We do not give any guarantee that access to the website or its content will be free from errors and uninterrupted. Nor do we give any guarantee that the website or its content will be free from viruses or anything else that may be considered harmful. It is your responsibility to put the necessary safeguards in place to protect yourself and your technology.
6. Links and merchants
(a) The website contains information about and links to other third party websites. We are not in any way responsible for the information displayed on, the privacy policies of, or the practices upheld by said third parties. Nor are we in any way responsible for the products or services they offer.
(b) Any arrangements between you and any third party contacted via the website are at your sole risk. We assume no responsibility for any consequence relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based on the information, services or other material on this website.
(c) None of the links to third party websites included on our website are affiliate links. This means that we will not receive commission or a fee if you click on a link that takes you through to a third party website or if you purchase a product from a third party website.
MoneyLabs Ltd. ("The Pension Lab", "we" or "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how we use any personal information that you provide to us through our website. Please read it carefully. We may change this policy.
For the purposes of data protection law, the controller is MoneyLabs Ltd. of The Dock, 75 Exploration Way, Leicester, LE4 5NU.
(a) We may collect and process the following information about you:
- You may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone or email. This includes information you provide when you sign up to receive our newsletters, conduct a product search on our website, enter any survey or provide feedback on our services
- The personal information that you provide may include your email address, financial information and other information about you to enable us to provide you with our product search and other services.
- When you use our website, we automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, information about your visit (including how you got to our websites) and how you use our services. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we have received from other sources.
- We work closely with third parties (for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This could include socio-demographic information and information about your likely interests based on your previous web browsing and purchases. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we collected about you.
(b) We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Customising or enhancing your experience of our services, which may use inferences about your likely interests based on your activity
- Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
- Ensuring that our content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- Administering our website and for internal business administration (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes).
- Protecting our interests and those of third parties and as part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure.
- Managing your preferences (for example, your subscription to our newsletter) and account with us.
(c) Our legal basis for processing your personal information for the purposes described above will typically be one of the following:
- You have consented to us using your personal information for this purpose (for example, when you create an account with us, agree to receive marketing emails from us or create an alert). You can withdraw your consent at any time by deleting the information from your account or updating your marketing preferences.
- It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to operate, improve and promote our services (for example, when we customise your experience of our services or use your information for analytics purposes) and to protect our business. Sometimes, we may process your personal information when it is in the legitimate interests of another company.
- It is necessary for us to use your personal information for us to comply with a legal obligation.
(d) We will only share your information with third parties in very limited circumstances, including;
- We may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimise our services. We generally only share this information in a form that does not directly identify you.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of that business or those assets, along with its professional advisers. If MoneyLabs Ltd. (or substantially all of its assets) is acquired, personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may disclose your personal information to obtain professional advice (for example, from lawyers or financial advisors).
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority. We may disclose your personal information to enforce our agreements with you or to protect the rights, property or safety of MoneyLabs Ltd, its users or others. This includes sharing personal information with other organisations for fraud prevention purposes.
(e) We may transfer, store or process your personal information outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). The laws in some countries may not provide as much legal protection for your personal information as in the EEA.
By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where we use service providers outside the EEA, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (for example, the EU Standard Contractual Clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield) to ensure that your personal information is adequately safeguarded in the recipient country.
Unfortunately, transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee its security and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us. You can delete the information that MoneyLabs Ltd holds about you by contacting us using the details below.
(g) You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can do this at any time by updating your email preferences by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any marketing email we send you or by contacting us using the details below.
Data protection law gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. To access, update and delete the personal information we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using the address below.
We will handle your request in accordance with the law. This means there may be legal reasons why we cannot fulfil all requests.
Post: Data Protection Manager, The Pension Lab, The Dock, 75 Exploration Way, Leicester. LE4 5NU
We hope that we will be able to resolve any questions or concerns you have. However, you may at any time raise your concern with the UK Information Commissioner at:
Post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
8. Payments to third parties
(a) Should you use the website to find a financial product and go on to apply for said product; any payment made will be to the relevant third party. We are not in any way involved with any such transaction or the processing of any such transaction.
9. Breaches of these terms and conditions
(a) Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may: (i) send you one or more formal warnings; (ii) temporarily suspend your access to the website; (iii) permanently prohibit you from accessing the website; (iv) block computers using your IP address from accessing the website; (v) contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the website; (vi) bring court proceedings against you for breach of contract or otherwise; (vii) suspend and/or delete your account with the website; and/or (viii) delete and/or edit any or all of your content.
(b) Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
10. Trade marks
(a) MoneyLabs and The Pension Lab, and our logos are trade marks belonging to us. We give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
(b) The other registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners. Unless stated otherwise, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
(a) From time to time we may update our terms and conditions by posting a revised version on our website. We recommend that you check the terms and conditions on the website occasionally to ensure that you are informed of, and happy with, any amendments. Continued use of the website after the terms and conditions have been revised will constitute your acceptance of the revised terms and conditions.
(a) If any provision detailed in these terms and conditions is deemed unlawful, invalid or unenforceable that provision will be deemed severed from the remainder and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected.
(a) You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your specific consent.
(b) You must not assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
14. Third party rights
(a)These terms and conditions are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
15. Governing law and jurisdiction
(a) These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
(b) Any disputes under or relating to these terms and conditions and/or the website will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
16. Contact and registration details
(a) If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or about using the website in general, please write to us using our website contact form or by post to The Pension Lab, The Dock, 75 Exploration Way, Leicester, LE4 5NU.
(b) Our registered office is The Dock, 75 Exploration Way, Leicester, LE4 5NU; and our company registration number is 10295451
(c) Our VAT registration number is 276037494.
(d) If you wish to make a complaint please email email@example.com