The Pension Lab offers an electronic service in support of your workplace pension. Our services include a website that provides a single view of all pensions, along with forecasting tools and access to your Pension Lab pension score. These functions include, where relevant, written and verbal communications with your existing pensions providers for the purposes of gathering information.
Money Labs Ltd. (The Pension Lab) does not provide pensions, financial, regulatory, legal, tax or other investment advice or recommendations under these Terms or otherwise and nothing on The Pension Lab Website or in any communications from us should be construed as such.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. Who We Are
Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements, our relevant details are as follows:
- Our website is accessed online via the links provided
- Our company name; Money Labs Ltd (t/a The Pension Lab)
- Our registered address; The Pension Lab, The Dock, 75 Exploration Drive, Leicester, LE4 5NU
- Our nominated representative is Scott Philips and he can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information you provide directly to us;
- via your employer,
- on our website,
- on any telephone conversations,
- on email or;
- details of your visits to our website and the resources you use, how you interact with us, such as over the internet or smartphone settings you choose or through cookies;
- when you provide information on behalf of somebody else pursuant to a power of attorney, the personal data which you provide about that person (including mental health information) may be processed as set out in this policy. In addition, information about your position as attorney will be held in accordance with this policy;
- a record of any correspondence between us including but not limited to email, live chat, post and recorded telephone conversations;
- information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
Under GDPR, we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following bases applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
In most instances, we will process your data on the basis it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract. You can withdraw at any time.
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you.
All cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
A few of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
Cookies on our site are set by us.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the website.
Our cookies will be used for:
Essential session management
- creating a specific log-in session for a user of the website in order that the website remembers that a user is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognising when a user of the website has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the website and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- we may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our website.
- Collecting statistical information about how our users use the website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to users
5. How we use what we collect
We use information about you to:
- provide, monitor, administer, maintain, develop, expand and improve our services, including, for example, enhancing our customer service and administering your account;
- perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our services;
- obtain information from your existing pension providers;
- complete forms upon your request;
- respond to regulatory, government or legal requests that are either legally binding upon us or which we consider legitimate.
Please ensure when sharing information about The Pension Lab, including recommendations, in public (for example, on social networks or other forums), you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by others. We may use public recommendations you make about us on one public forum in other public forums.
In most cases, the collection of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the services we can provide you if you don’t provide your personal data in these cases.
6. Where we store your data and how long we keep it for
We store information in the U.K. By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Please note that after any termination of your The Pension Lab account (whether by you or us) we may retain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
7. Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- if we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer;
- we can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights;
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
8. Your rights
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability) although we are only required to transfer personal data you have provided to us as opposed to all data we hold on you;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- restrict processing;
- object to processing of your personal data; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
The Pension Lab will comply with your requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data we store, in each case to the extent permitted by and always in compliance with applicable law.
9. Links to other websites
Please note that our Terms and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our website. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.